The RECORD platform aims to mobilize IT tools and mathematics in the
context of modeling and simulating agroecosystems and ecological systems.
The objective is to support agronomist and ecologists modellers
in the implementation of solutions for computerization and
simulation of their models. The actions proposed by the platform are the
- Support in the development and maintenance of simulators
Implementation of programming languages such as C++, R, Python, Fortran and
mobilization of software suites dedicated to modeling and simulation such as
Improvment of simulators performances (through for example the use of
Rcpp for R codes or
pybind11 for python codes).
- Deployment of simulator based application
Packaging simulators and software tools for simulation
(packages conda and R, containerization with
Provision of simulators through the Internet according to approaches
SaaS, such as workflows Galaxy, web services (REST API),
web applications (for example RShiny for vizualisation purposes).
- Mobilization of HPC (high-performance computing) for simulation
- Support in the use of formal methods to study numerical models
- Mobilization of formal methods for sensitivy analyses and calibration of numerical models.
The agents of the RECORD platform mobilize tools facilitating
the collaborative development and the dissemination of their work
(intensive use of forges) and focuse on the quality and reproducibility of their
realization (code versioning, containerization, continuous integration / continuous develoment,
infrastructure as code …).
RECORD is based on a team of engineers of the MathNum
department of INRAE.
Team members also have responsibilities in various networks and
projects related to the activities of the platform:
- Devlopment team of the forgeMIA Gitlab forge.
RECORD engineers rely on this forge for most of their projects.
- Committee bureau of the Mexico network. This network
facilitates the sharing of skills and experience around methods for exploring numerical models.
- The STICS project team. The crop model
STICS is mobilized in many projects of the platform.